Job Type: Full-Time/Seasonal
Pay: Hourly – Based on Experience
Other: Union Benefits, Pension Plan, Advancement Opportunities, Boot Reimbursement, Safe/ Clean/ Friendly Environment
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Our company values of Innovation, Integrity and Appreciation can be seen in all we do. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees with good interpersonal skills who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills. To learn more about Elder Corporation, visit our website at www.eldercorp.com.
All prospective candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug test, and background check.
The foreman supervises a crew of operators, pipelayers and topmen in the company utilities operations by performing the following duties.
- Supervises a crew and prioritizes work.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Conducts Daily Huddles and regular toolbox safety talks.
- Fulfills all regular and advanced construction duties, including project layout, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Makes proactive decisions to solve problems.
- Maintain relationships with Elder Corporation’s Customers, General Contractors, Engineers, Architects, Suppliers, and Government Officials.
- Interact with all departments within Elder to keep business flowing efficiently – Safety, Project Management, Accounting, Human Resources, Shop, and others.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout all scenarios.
- Handle conflicts with both internal and external company personnel.
- Converse calmly under pressure and under high-stress situations to achieve a solution.
- Communicate with employees to listen to new ideas while understanding differences.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crew member discipline and documentation.
- Submits crew member timesheets to payroll by deadline.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Accurately read plans and specifications to perform and verify a quality work review
- Understand job constraints and budgets as projects are executed to profitably close the job
- Ability to work independently with little instruction
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivating and possess time management skills to ensure employees and job requirements are both satisfied
- Capable of staying organized and multi-tasking
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop personal leadership skills
- Teach, train and mentor new employees to become the absolute best possible team members
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Internet Search Engines)
- Basic iPhone skills (Ability to operate phone calls, read/ respond to emails and text messages)
- Knowledge of current equipment capabilities and the desire to learn about new equipment capabilities
- Ability to work extended hours during the construction season
- Dependable and willing to report to work on time
The position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Anticipated work hours are 10-12 hours a day including Saturdays. Occasional evening and Sunday work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Related experience or training.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.